Price: € 330
- Visit the former capital of Hungary and the largest church of the country
- Discover the secrets of the Early Royal Residence of Visegrád
- Enjoy an amazing panorama of the Danube Bend from Visegrád
- Feast on a fine 3-course lunch in a restaurant of the Danube Bend
- Visit the enchanting artistic town of Szentendre and wander along winding streets past baroque houses
- This 8-hour private tour departs from Budapest by air-conditioned minibus to explore 3 pearls of the Danube Bend. One of the most famous rivers in the world, the River Danube flows for 1,785 miles through the European continent, passing some of its most majestic cities.
In Hungary, a curve in the river near the city of Visegrád has been given the name the Danube Bend. Flanked by the Transdanubian Mountains on one side and the North Hungarian Mountains on the other, it is a spectacular region rich in forests and limestone caves and home to an abundant viticulture
On this tour you will explore 3 historic places of the Danube Bend with your personal guide.
Drive to the handsome city of Esztergom, former capital of Hungary from the 10th to the 13th-Century and situated on the border with Slovakia. Its cathedral, the Esztergom Basilica, is the largest church in Hungary.
Continue to Visegrád, a small castle town on the right bank of the Danube. Here you will explore the remains of the Royal Palace and visit the citadel of Visegrád Castle. Take some souvenir photos of the Danube Bend from the castle’s fantastic elevated vantage point.
You will enjoy a 3-course lunch in a local restaurant at Visegrád before continuing to the medieval town of Szentendre. Well known for its art scene, you will stroll through the charming streets, lined with contemporary art galleries, craft shops and boutique stores.
From May through the end of September, you can return to Budapest from Szentendre on a boat cruise along the Danube. You will be picked up from the dock in Budapest for the drive back to your hotel.
- Personal guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Entrance fee to the Citadel of Visegrád
- 3-course lunch
- Boat trip from Szentendre (please note there is no boat on Mondays)
- Pick-up and drop-off
What’s not included
- Entrance fees to optional sights
Pick-up and drop-off are included in the price and can be arranged from the Budapest location of your choice